Scones with Yogurt Coated Strawberry Fruit Flakes
Total cooking time: Prep 30. Total 50 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°c (adjust as necessary for fan assisted ovens) or gas mark 4.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Add the margarine or butter and rub in with your fingertips until you have a consistency like breadcrumbs.
- Add the Yogurt coated Strawberry Fruit Flakes® and sugar.
- Beat the milk and egg together.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the beaten egg.
- Mix to a stiff dough as quickly as possible.
- Knead very lightly if necessary to remove cracks in the dough and roll out to about 2.5cm/1 inch thick.
- Cut into rounds using a cutter and transfer to a lighlt greased baking tray.
- Brush with a beaten egg or milk to glaze if desired and bake in the oven for 15 - 20 mins until golden brown.
- Move to a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy freshly baked with butter.
You will need:
- 450g Plain flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 290ml (½ pint) Milk
- 1 Egg
- 110g Margarine or butter
- 55g Caster sugar
- 75g Yogurt coated Strawberry Fruit Flakes®
- Beaten egg or milk to glaze