At Fruit Bowl we have recently conducted a review and audit of our suppliers and, as a result, have decided to update the labelling on our yogurt-coated range. This is purely a precautionary measure to ensure we’re communicating thoroughly with our customers.
We are changing our yogurt-coated range packaging over to include may contain peanut allergy information so that it’s easier for our consumers to distinguish between the allergens. This is not on the back of any food safety issue or known contamination but as part of improved communication to parents.
Although we make the majority of our products on site, the yogurt range is coated off site at our suppliers. The range is not packed in the vicinity of nuts and our supplier also has strict allergen procedures. This is a precautionary change to labelling and not as a result of any contamination.
We haven’t changed the recipe or the ingredients for our range of products and we’d like to reassure our customers that we haven’t experienced any issues with allergies in the past. No one has ever been taken ill after eating any of our products.
If you have any questions or concerns please refer to the Q&A section below, or get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01945 580280
- Why haven’t Fruit Bowl included this allergy information previously? This new information is following an audit of our suppliers and, as a precaution, we have decided to include this new allergy information. This is purely a precautionary step and the recipe or ingredients haven’t changed.
- What’s changed to prompt this new allergen information? In light of recent events we decided to review our suppliers and have decided to update the labelling on our yogurt coated range only, as a precaution.
- My child has a nut allergy and has been eating your products in the past. Now I’m worried. This is purely a precaution. Our products haven’t changed but we would advise that your child avoids the yogurt products in the future and enjoys the rest of the range instead.
- Don’t you make everything in the same factory, shouldn’t all of your products have this allergen information? We make many of our products ourselves. However, our yogurt products are coated at a different site in order to avoid dairy contamination to the other lines.
- Have you had any issues with allergies before and has any child been taken ill after consuming Fruit Bowl products? We haven’t experienced any issues with allergies in the past and no customers have been taken ill after eating any of our products.
- Has the recipe for the yogurt products changed at all? We haven’t changed the recipe or the ingredients for this range of products. The new labelling is simply a precautionary measure.
- Are the yogurt products produced or packed close to products containing nuts? The yogurt range isn’t packed on the same line or in the vicinity of any products containing nuts.