Fruit Bowl Masks
Total time: 30 minutes.
- Choose their favourite Fruit Bowl mask. Print out onto A4 paper, but you will need to glue the mask onto cardboard if you want to make it stronger.
- Cut out the mask. Ask an adult to help you cut out the eyeholes in the correct position.
- Strengthen the holes for the elastic. Notice the pair of little circles on each side of the mask? These are the spots where you need to punch holes for attaching the elastic. Paper masks normally tear around these holes after a few uses. To reinforce these spots, put scotch tape over the marked holes and fold the tape towards the back of the mask.
- Punch holes on the pair of marked circles at the side of the mask. Cut some string and tie the ends on each hole.
- Try on your Fruit Bowl mask. It should fit snugly but not too tight. Adjust the length of the string and you’re ready to go!
- *If you are not comfortable wearing the mask directly on your face, you can create a handle and hold the mask in front of your face instead. Glue or tape a craft stick, an unsharpened pencil, or a wooden dowel at the back of the mask.
Activity difficulty - medium
You will need:
- A4 paper and/or card
- Crayons, paint, or any colouring material
- Hole punch
- String / Elastic bands
- Craft stick (optional)