Crispie Orange Pumpkins
Total cooking time: 150 minutes.
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter and marshmallows into a microwavable bowl and cook on high for 10 second bursts, stirring after each time, until completely melted.
- Add the orange colour and flavour then gradually mix the rice crispies into the marshmallow mixture. Allow to cool slightly.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and shape it into a ball (approximately 5cm diameter). Dampen your hands with water to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Place the ball onto the prepared baking tray. Press a small indent into the top using the end of a teaspoon and add a peeler strand for the stalk.
- Repeat to make the remaining pumpkins.
- Taking one of the remaining strands, flatten it with a rolling pin and then cut into a small triangle. Repeat to make 36 triangles. Add 2 of the triangles for the eyes and one for the nose.
- Flatten each of the remaining strands to make the mouths and then press into each of the pumpkins.
- Make the tendrils by rolling out small strands of the fondant and twisting them slightly, and then attach a couple to each of the pumpkins.
- Leave to set at room temperature for approximately 2 hours.
You will need:
- 70g Rice Crispies
- 135g Marshmallows
- 25g unsalted butter
- 15 drops Orange food colouring, or enough to make a bright orange colour
- A couple of drops of orange oil
- To decorate: 1-2 Fruit Bowl Strawberry Peelers - cut into quarters. Divide two sets of the quarters up into individual strands