Unicorn Fruit Flake Carrot Cakes
Total cooking time: 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan) and line a 12 muffin tin with cases.
- Put the light brown sugar, self-raising flour, ginger, cinnamon and bicarbonate in a bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add in 3 bags of Unicorn Fruit Flakes and mix, keep one bag back for decorating.
- Add in 2 eggs, orange juice, oil and vanilla and mix everything together until there are no lumps.
- Fold in the grated carrot, then divide evenly into the lined cupcake tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen, golden and springy to touch.
- Allow to cool.
- Make Cream Cheese Icing for Unicorn Carrot Cakes:
250g icing sugar
30g soft unsalted butter
60g cream cheese
1. Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl then add the butter and cream cheese.
2. Mix together with an electric hand whisk until smooth and fluffy.
3. Ice the cooled cupcakes and decorate with more Unicorn Fruit Flakes.
You will need:
- 100g light brown sugar
- 175g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 individual packets Fruit Bowl Unicorn Flakes
- 2 eggs
- 150ml fresh orange juice
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g grated carrot