Rhubarb, Strawberry & Ginger Crumble
Total cooking time: Prep 15. Total 55 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, Gas Mark 5. Adjust for a fan assisted oven as necessary.
- Mix together the rhubarb, ginger and Strawberry Flakes and place in a large ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the water and caster sugar.
- Place the flour, oats, sugar and cinnamon (if using) into a bowl and mix well. Add the butter and rub into the mix using tour fingertips until mixed well.
- Break the mixture into chunks and scatter evenly over the fruit mix.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the centre of the oven or until the top is golden brown and the rhubarb bubbling through at the edges.
- Serve hot with cream, custard or ice cream. Enjoy!
- To make individual crumbles:
Follow instructions above but divide the fruit and crumble mix between 6 individual ramekin dishes and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
You will need:
- 500g Rhubarb, sliced into 3cm pieces
- 100g Caster sugar
- 50ml Cold water
- 50g Finely chopped stem ginger
- 2 packs Fruit Bowl Strawberry Fruit Flakes
- 100g Plain flour, sieved
- 100g Porridge oats
- 100g Butter, cubed (at room temperature
- 60g Demerara sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon (optional)