Red Velvet Cupcakes
Total cooking time: Prep 20. Total 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180◦C (adjust as necessary for fan assisted ovens) or gas mark 4.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the softened butter and sugar and add the red food colouring.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the eggs and milk.
- Slowly pour the liquid ingredients into the egg and flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the cakes are soft and springy to touch.
- Once removed from the oven, place on a wire rack to cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting.
- Beat together in a bowl the butter, cream cheese and lemon juice and slowly add the icing sugar. Mix for 2 minutes or until all the ingredients are fully combined and the frosting is smooth in texture.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, decorate the cupcakes with the frosting and decorate with Raspberry Peelers.
You will need:
- 250g Plain flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 100g Softened butter
- 150g Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Red food colouring
- 2 Eggs
- 150ml Milk
- 1 tsp Lemon juice (frosting)
- 100g Softened butter (frosting)
- 100g Cream cheese (frosting)
- 250g Icing sugar (frosting)
- 20g Raspberry Peelers®