Red Berry and Orange Fudge
Total cooking time: Prep 20. Total 2hrs 40 minutes.
- Lightly grease and line a 20cm (8 inch) square tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a heavy saucepan over a low heat, melt 350g of the white chocolate with 250ml of sweetened condensed mil until smooth.
- Add the red food colouring and mix well.
- Lightly fold in the Strawberry and Raspberry Fruit Flakes
- Press half of the mixture into the tin and smooth over with the back of a spoon. Put in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes or until firm. Set aside the remaining half of the mixture at room temperature.
- Towards the end of the first stage of chilling, melt the remaining white chocolate and condensed milk in another heavy based saucepan until smooth. Stir in the orange colouring and flavouring.
- Spread the orange mix over the top of the chilled strawberry layer. Chill for another 15 minutes or until firm.
- Briefly heat the remainder of the strawberry mixture over a low heat until fluid again ( The mixture will still be quite thick).
- Spread the strawberry mixture evenly over the chilled orange layer then place back in the fridge for another 2 hours, or until firm.
- Cut into small squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
You will need:
- 525g White chocolate, broken into pieces
- 397g Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pack (18g) Raspberry Fruit Flakes
- 1 pack (18g) Strawberry Fruit Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Orange extract
- Orange food colouring (As a guide, use 15 drops of gel based liquid)
- Red food colouring (As a guide, use 15 drops of gel based liquid)