Fruit Flake Biscuits
Total cooking time: Prep 20. Total 40 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 200°c (adjust for fan assisted ovens as necessary) or Gas mark 6.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Place the flour and baking powder in a large bowl, add the margarine or butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and the Fruit Flakes™. Add the egg and 1 tbsp milk and mix to a stiff mixture. If dry, add a little more milk.
- Using 2 tsps, shape the mixture into about 12 rough mounds on the baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with demerara sugar. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy on their own or with butter.
You will need:
- 110g Softened butter or margarine
- 55g Caster sugar
- 2tsp Baking powder
- 225g Self raising flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 - 3 tbsp Milk
- 170g of Fruit Flakes™
- Demerara sugar for sprinkling