FiveDinners: spinach and turkey meatballs in vegetables gnocchi ragu
Total cooking time: 35 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200FAN / 220c
- Fry the diced onion for a few minutes before adding the garlic.
- While the onions are cooking, make the meatballs by combining the chopped spinach with turkey mince.
- Once the onions and garlic are softened, add the frozen vegetables, passata, 150ml water and season with salt and pepper and oregano.
- Stir in the gnocchi and leave on a low heat.
- Now start rolling ping-pong ball sized meatballs and dotting them in the pan, once all your meatballs are in the sauce, drizzle a little olive oil over the top.
- Bring the pan to a simmer then transfer the pan to pre-heated oven for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove from oven, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
You will need:
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 50g spinach, chopped
- 500g turkey mince
- 500g passata
- 400g frozen diced mixed vegetables
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 500g gnocchi
- 10g fresh parsley, chopped
- Oven-proof frying pan