FiveDinners: sneaky vegetable beef burgers
Total cooking time: 25 minutes.
- Fry sliced onion in a frying pan with half the olive oil until golden, then remove.
- While onion is frying, grate the peeled carrots, parsnip, courgette into a mixing bowl. (give the grated courgette a squeeze to release some moisture)
- Incorporate mincemeat into vegetables and combine with egg.
- Form four patties from the mincemeat mixture and fry in pan with remaining oil for four minutes each side until cooked through.
- Lay cheese slices, if using, on cooked side of patties whilst cooking other side in the pan.
- While patties are cooking; shred the lettuce and slice tomato.
- Once patties are cooked, assemble burgers; swipe mayo on bottom bun, top with lettuce, tomato slices, cooked patty, onions, ketchup and top with burger bun – enjoy!
You will need:
- 45ml olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 carrots peeled, grated
- 1 parsnip peeled, grated
- 1 courgette large, grated
- 400g beef mince
- 1 egg
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 cheese slices
- 4 sesame seed burger buns
- Condiments; ketchup and mayonnaise
- Grater and mixing bowl
- frying pan