Total cooking time: 38 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 220c FAN/ 240c and pre heat grill to hot.
- Combine and coat the chicken with the spices, salt, pepper and half the olive oil.
- Lay the seasoned chicken onto a parchment lined baking tray in one layer
- Lay the peppers and mushrooms onto the baking tray.
- Bake the chicken and vegetables in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, then remove.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse kidney beans and lightly mash with the back of a fork in a small bowl.
- Add ketchup to kidney beans, mix and reserve.
- To assemble the chimichangas; line a tortilla with a quarter of the kidney beans, chicken pieces, mushrooms and peppers.
- Top with spinach leaves and grated cheese.
- Fold over half the tortilla, then fold each side and roll to create a sealed package; lay tortilla seal side down onto baking tray. Repeat for all four tortillas.
- Brush with melted butter and place under a hot grill for 6 minutes or until tortillas are golden and serve!
You will need:
- 15ml olive oil
- 400g chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 150g spinach
- 1x400g tin kidney beans
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 150g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 4 large tortillas