Total time: 20 minutes.
- Take your dolly peg and cover the top of the body with PVA glue, making sure you keep the head of the peg clean.
- Fold your doily in half and wrap it around the peg like a cone, making sure the pattern is to the bottom and the top is touching the glue.
- Stick the last corner of the doily to make sure it doesn't unravel.
- Using your felt tips, draw the angel's face and hair onto the head of the peg.
- Take your pipe cleaner and ask an adult to cut it so it is the same length as the angel.
- Make a small loop at the end of the pipe cleaner to make the halo.
- Push the long, straight part of the pipe cleaner between the doily and the peg, making sure there is a small gap between the halo and the angels head, and the pipe cleaner sticks to the glue (you might need to squeeze the doily and pipe cleaner for a few seconds so it sticks!)
- Take your wired ribbon and ask an adult to cut a length twice as long as you would like the wings to be.
- Fold both ends of the ribbon inwards so they meet in the middle.
- Take your coloured string or wool and ask an adult to cut a length of approx. 30cm.
- Making sure the cut ends of the ribbon are slightly overlapping in the middle, take your string and tie a tight knot around the ribbon (in the middle of the string) so they pinch together and create two wings.
- Using the string attached to the knot, attach the wings to the angel by wrapping the string around the body a few centimetres down from the top of the doily.
- Tie a knot and ask an adult to cut the excess string.
- Twist the wings so they are the correct way around (you might need selotape to help them stay in place!)
- Place your angel on top of your Christmas tree!
- Send us a picture of your Fruit Bowl angel!
Activity difficulty - hard
You will need:
- Paper doily
- Wooden dolly peg
- Silver pipe cleaner
- Thick, wired, silver ribbon
- PVA glue
- Felt tip pens
- Coloured string or wool
- A Christmas tree!