Pumpkin, Chickpea and Mango Curry
Total cooking time: Prep 15. Total 55 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Fry gently for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and spices and fry for 1 minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and chilli and cook gently for a further minute.
- Add the pumpkin or butternut squash and curry paste and fry gently for 3 minutes.
- Add the stock, stir well and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 25 minutes until the pumpkin/butternuts squash is tender.
- Add the banana and chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Fruit Bowl Mango Flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped coriander and season to taste. Garnish as desired.
- Serve immediately with naan bread and basmati rice.
You will need:
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 Medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1tsp Ground coriander
- 1tsp Ground tumeric
- 2.5cm Ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 Mild red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 400g Pumpkin or butternut squash, cubed
- 1tbsp Medium curry paste
- 1 Medium firm banana, sliced
- 350ml/12 fl oz Vegetable stock
- 400g Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 18g Fruit Bowl Mango Fruit flakes
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1tbsp Chopped fresh coriander, plus extra springs to garnish
- Basmati rice and naan bread to serve